Index | Nicholas Wergin + Rachel Momenee
1. From what you got in the reading, what is the definition of "index"?
2 .It talks about an index as a footprint, medical symptoms, or the referents and shifters. What is an index in an architectural sense?
3. Do captions on an image (index) effect the index?
4. Can a caption become an index on its own?
5. Is any image an index?
1. It seems that the definition of an index changes from the first to the second article. Are indexes a static entity or dynamic. Does the definition change with the circumstances.Rachel Momenee
1. What is the index's relationship to multiplicity? Does the notion of multiplicity cause a need for the ability to index?
2. Can the imaginary be indexed?
1. When is something an index and when is it an icon ( image vs photo) or a symbol? Can something fall into more than one category?
2. How is an image or painting distinguished as continuous or discontinuous if it is not displayed in a physical manner? Is this act of distinguishing an act of indexing?
3. What does photo editing do to the way we perceive a photograph in terms of temporal distance? Does it shift the viewers perception of "having been there"?