1. In what design capacity do shifters exist? What are some examples?
-In reference to PP 216, Paragraph 3, Last Sent.
2. In what manner would someone without language gain a sense of history? Krauss claims if we can't develop language we do not gain self-identity or awareness of history?
3. If this is true can it be claimed that there is no culture without language? How can something be passed on without language to explain why something's necessary?
4. In what instance can an index function as both an index and an object?
5. In what ways does a painting convey index that a photograph doesn't?
6. Brownian Motion is defined as the erratic random motion of particles. How is Deborah Hay's monologue, devoid of physical motion, Brownian motion?
7. Could a false index be created in such a way that it doesn't allude to the true object of a causation?
8. What is the genesis of an index? Can an index be traced back to the initial generation of the idea?
9. Can you internalize a narrative in a drawing?
- In reference to PP 218, Paragraph 2, Last Sent.
10.In response to Kelly and Pozzi's paintings, where one is derived directly from the condition of the wall and the other is produced from an internal logic, how are the differences apparent despite similar appearance? (In reference to the images on pp. 214)