1) The SARS diagrams present data gather data from a variety of Sources. Explain why it is so important to use a general syntax? (pg.78)
2) How do we evaluate the credibility of a n analytic graphic? On what grounds should we “buy” the argument? (pg. 79)
3) How can Mixed modal techniques help lessen the cognitive load? (pg. 83)
4) A variety of centaurs have been represented in celestial charts. Why does this one warrant inclusion in this book? (pg. 85)
5) The Hypnerotomachia ”is an aesthetic exemplar of printing, layout and typography…” aside from the style, What makes it a good example of multimodal techniques? (pg. 88-90)
6) On pg. 92 Tufte compares Hitchcock’s story boards to the Hypnerotomachia. Why can this comparison be drawn?
7) How does the legal document on page 95 rely on the same strategies as the Hypnerotomachia to deepen the narrative.
8) In Sidereus Nuncius, how did Galileo’s original water color handle the big moon in comparison to his engraving. Which was more successful, why? (pg. 99)
9) On page 99. Is there a disconnect between the images presented in the Sidereus Nuncius and the words? If so what is it?
10) “Before 1610 astronomy had largely been verbal gymnastics, speculation, philosophizing and disputation. How did the telescope change that? (pg. 101)