Avoiding Digital Pitfalls –Jesse Duchon
1) When are some appropriate situations or program types that might better aid in the architecture and design of a project when merging science and architecture? Is it ever beneficial to restrain one’s self from the combination of science and architecture?
2) “To live in culture is synonymous with a specific education of the senses.”- Michael Baxandal
Is the use of science and digital media a temporary architectural fad or the future norm of the industry?
3) “Design makes the actualization of intention possible.” What are technologies limits in the architectural world? What will the limits be on architects in the future? If any.
4) How will we make worlds/ Architecture in the future? Ten, Twenty, fifty years ahead? Do we risk losing design solutions in the virtual realm? Are we still creating the best choice possible?What will we envision in the future using science and technology?
1) Is there a benefit to creating abstract architecture, away from the computer screen? Can we lose constraints to create pure, ideological architecture free of rules?
2) What else do we lose besides integrity of process by limiting ourselves to only the digital realm?
3) Can you think of ways we might be able to better utilize computer aided design without sacrificing process of creativity in the future?
4) What is digital fabrications role in today’s architecture? What will it be in the future? What are the core differences between digital fabrication and more rudimentary notions of material?